Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

EXCLUSIVE: Dharmesh Darshan goes down memory lane on his birthday; opens up on his memorable birthday bash with best friends Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar; also says “Akshay Kumar made a surprise visit. So sweet of him!”

What is the similarity between Vicky Kaushal and Dharmesh Darshan? Both celebrate their birthdays today. The latter, who turns 55, began his career as a director at the young age of 24 with the action romantic entertainer Lootere (1993). His second film, Raja Hindustani (1996) emerged as one of the biggest hits of Indian cinema. Dhadkan (2000), meanwhile, is a cult classic and is remembered today for its music, plot and unconventional casting of Akshay Kumar, Suniel Shetty and Shilpa Shetty. Last year, Bollywood Hungama broke the news that Dharmesh Darshan has been offered Dhadkan 2. The news spread like wildfire, which only proved how that film continues to be loved. It also proved that Dharmesh Darshan’s popularity is intact.

Bollywood Hungama exclusively spoke to Dharmesh Darshan about his birthday plans. He smiled and said, “There are no plans. Next year, I’ll surely party (laughs).”

At a time when the industry is going through a tough time and action films are facing fatigue, a romantic musical like Dhadkan 2 can prove to be a success, just like the first part. When asked if he’d like to get back into direction, he said, “If cinema needs me, I will always be there, that too with age being still on my side and with my positivity.”

He continued, "As for Dhadkan 2, it may or may not be a sequel to one of my timeless classics or it may be an absolutely fresh take on modern cinema by a newly reinvented Dĥarmesh Sĥeela Darsĥan.”

We then asked him about memorable birthdays of his life, especially the ones celebrated with the members of the film fraternity. Dharmesh Darshan revealed, “I was never a show-off. But I remember this one birthday of mine when the producer of my film threw a surprise party for me. My best friends at that point – Aditya Chopra, Karan Johar, Anil Thadani, and Manish Malhotra – surprised me by being there at that very select dinner gathering.”

He also revealed, “The other memorable party was the one that I threw at the insistence of this same producer friend. It was held close to my house in Pali Hill at Napoli By Shatranj restaurant. Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar were in attendance and Akshay Kumar made a surprise visit. So sweet of him!”

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Sequel to Akshay Kumar-Suniel Shetty-Shilpa Shetty starrer Dhadkan in the works; director Dharmesh Darshan shares INTERESTING details

Post a Comment

0 Comments