Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Karan Johar lauds Amitabh Bachchan's aura: "That is true power. Magnetism”

In a recent appearance on the podcast Jaane Mann, renowned filmmaker Karan Johar shared his thoughts on power and peace, attributing these qualities to iconic figures in his life. When asked to relate the words “peace” and “power” to individuals he admires, Johar highlighted megastar Amitabh Bachchan and the late spiritual leader Dada Vaswani.

Amitabh Bachchan: A Symbol of Power KJo described Amitabh Bachchan as the epitome of power, emphasizing the legendary actor's commanding presence. Johar elaborated, "Amitabh Bachchan, I think he has the power of his being when he enters a room. I feel he has that power that most people will stand up, and they don’t know why they are standing up. He exudes an aura that is beyond your understanding of what an energy or power is. That is true power. Magnetism." Dada Vaswani: The Embodiment of Peace When the conversation shifted to peace, Karan Johar spoke of the late Dada Vaswani, a revered spiritual leader. Johar recalled a profound encounter with Vaswani during an event attended by 50,000 people, where he felt an unparalleled sense of tranquility. “I’ve never felt more at peace than I was with him... I had never really been moved by people in the spiritual world. But I was very moved by his presence, and I felt at peace," Johar remarked.

In addition to discussing power and peace, Karan Johar reflected on his personal journey, both as a filmmaker and an individual. Speaking candidly about his experiences, he expressed pride in the path he has chosen, despite the challenges. "I was never like the other boys—their interests, their style, their sports—it just wasn’t me. It took me years to understand that I don’t owe anyone an apology for being different. I’ve embraced who I am, and that’s become my power,” Johar shared.

This self-acceptance has been a cornerstone of Johar's success, allowing him to live authentically and without regret. "To this day, I have never regretted the way I’ve lived or the work I’ve pursued. Everything I do is for me, unapologetically. I just want to live my truth," he concluded.

Speaking of the professional front, Karan’s last directorial release was Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani. The Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt starrer was released in July 2023. Currently, Karan is busy promoting Call Me Bae, an Amazon Prime Video series produced by Dharmatic Entertainment. The web show stars Ananya Panday in the lead and will start streaming from September 6. 

Also Read: Kalki 2898 AD: Nag Ashwin breaks down Amitabh Bachchan-Prabhas’ face-off, Deepika Padukone’s climax scene, Kamal Haasan bringing Supreme Yaskin to life in new video, watch

Post a Comment

0 Comments