Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Go Noni Go premiere at MAMI 2024: Twinkle Khanna talks about turning old: "Things go South at this point; your breasts want to hug your knees..."

Akshay Kumar, wife Twinkle Khanna and mother-in-law Dimple Kapadia made a rare appearance at the premiere of the film Go Noni Go at MAMI Mumbai Film Festival 2024. It is based on the short story ‘Salaam Noni Appa’ written by Twinkle Khanna. She has also produced the film and stars Dimple Kapadia in the lead. Akshay graced the premiere to cheer for his family. The others present at the premiere were actors Manav Kaul and Rohan Mehra, director Sonal Dabral and fellow producers Sameer Nair, Atul Kasbekar and Tanuj Garg. A short Q-and-A session followed after the film screening.

As expected, Twinkle Khanna amused everyone with her witty one-lines and also raised some important points. She was asked how she got the idea for the film. Twinkle said, “I was always fascinated by older women and that was before I became an older woman! Things do go a bit South at this point in time. The hair from your head migrates to your chin, your breasts start wanting to hug your knees. But that doesn’t mean that you have to be relegated to the sidelines of your own story. I thought I would showcase a story where you are the centre of your life, no matter how old you are. And that was pretty much my idea.”

Her mother, Dimple Kapadia, revealed her experience when she read ‘Salaam Noni Appa’, “The film came to me when I read the book. I sent corrections to my child, implying that ‘This is what the author is trying to say’. She replied, ‘Mom, I am the author’!”

Twinkle Khanna then shared her version, “She (Dimple Kapadia) didn’t finish the story. When I gave her the book, she first put it in a temple. Then, she waited for a month because I think she was waiting for Lord Ganesh to review it!”

She also said, “It’s the story I have been trying to write since I was 18. I failed numerous times. I finally finished it at 40.”

When asked if she had seen Go Noni Go before and whether she was happy with the film adaptation of her book. Twinkle Khanna replied, “I have seen it before but even Stephen King wasn’t happy with The Shining (1980)! So, who am I?”

Also Read: Go Noni Go premiere at MAMI 2024: Akshay Kumar, Twinkle Khanna, Dimple Kapadia make a RARE appearance together; Akshay raises laughs as he complains “meri biwi mujhe koni maar rahi thi…”

Post a Comment

0 Comments